Why Cherrypicked Locations.
Cherrypicked Locations (CPL) prides itself on working differently to other agencies. We go above and beyond in assisting our clients to secure the right location, be it a modern architectural masterpiece of a home, to a dilapidated building or even a sand quarry. There is no location we turn away if we believe it can work for the industry.
We are a turnkey location agency and we make certain from the time we receive the brief until our client wraps the shoot, that both client and location owner are happy to ensure repeat business from our client and repeat shoots at our locations.
What can you expect what you list your property with Cherrypicked Locations?
- Personal sign up by CPL. We will walk you through the details of what you can expect to happen at a shoot, the number of hours, number of people, daily rates etc.
- CPL negotiates rates with our clients on your behalf. We work within clients budget and around industry norms. CPL will co-ordinate site visits to your location by production companies/scouts for initial evaluations.
- All contracts are drawn up by CPL and signed with the location owner, and the client and CPL to ensure everyone’s expectations are clearly defined.
- CPL endeavours to be at every technical recce to make sure all details for the contract are concise and clear
- CPL will handle all invoicing, fee collection and payments around the deal.
- CPL aims to visit a location during filming to check everything is running smoothly and to in check with the stipulations of the contract.
- CPL endeavours to resolve any issues/damages that may arise during/after shoot/event.
How much could you earn?
- Every brief is different, as is every budget. In our initial meeting we will discuss rates and if you would like to set a rate for your house, we can set one then to ensure we don’t waste your time with budgets that you are not open to.
How does Cherrypicked Locations make money?
- CPL does not charge any administration fees for taking on your location
- CPL charges a 20% commission on all location hire fees.
Is your property suitable?
- All properties have possibilities for filming. From dilapidated warehouses to opulent homes. Any, shape, style or period could be appropriate as every shoot is original and has its own briefing requirements.
- Locations that are often in demand are big open-plan offices, large film-friendly apartments, period houses and light, open-plan homes.
What are some of the things you should consider?
- Small rooms in a house would make it tricky for cameras to move around in so may not be suitable for a film shoot.
- If your home has a very steep driveway it may not work for film shoots but we could always market it for a stills shoot.
- More often than not, we try and avoid complexes and estates for film shoots unless we get preapproval from the body corporate that they will allow film shoots. Once again this is not the same for stills shoots.
If you are interested in CPL marketing your property given the details and requirements expressed in the above FAQ’s then send us a few internal and external pictures of your property(even phone snaps will do). We can then determine if your property is suitable for shoots. Please send the pictures to: email@example.com
Once we have given your property the green light for film shoots, we will contact you to set up a meeting and give you an extensive overview on how we work and what you can expect.
Photographing your property
Once we have agreed that your property is suitable and we have met and filled out the relevant paperwork, we will arrange a professional photographer to shoot your property. This is to ensure we market your property to the best of our ability and capture its uniqueness professionally and strategically.
Note: The photographer will contact you directly to set up a date and time for the professional shoot that suits you best.
Please ensure the following on the day:
- Your house is neat and tidy. As our photographers work on tight deadlines, they do not have time to straighten pictures, hide laundry, make beds, etc. In order for us to showcase your house to the best of our ability we need the house to look good!
- No need for flowers or any kind of styling.
- If you cancel with the photographer with less than 24 hours’ notice we will have to charge a cancellation fee of R250.